Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Network Updates/Last Minute Changes

As you may have realized last night, CBS has made some last minute schedule changes which went into affect last night. A repeat of The Mentalist aired on CBS last night at 10pm, replacing a repeat of CSI: Miami. For tonight, at 8pm, repeats of Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men will be airing at 8pm, pushing back repeats of NCIS and another Mentalist to 9-11pm. This will preempt a repeat of Without a Trace entirely. On Wednesday, a repeat of Criminal Minds will air at 9pm, and a new episode Criminal Minds will air at 10pm, preempting CSI: NY for the night.

Why are they making these changes? I really have no idea, but it could be for another reasons: CBS probably wants to keep airing The Mentalist at 10pm if that's where it will be airing next season. They just want to keep it in viewers minds that they may be seeing it at 10pm regularly in the future. Why they preempted CSI: Miami was probably to keep its average up, as it isn't the best repeater. Criminal Minds at 10pm is weird, though. Not sure what that's all about.

As for ABC, The Unusuals will be airing tonight at 10pm, preempting a new episode of Cupid. The Unusuals will also be airing regularly at 10pm on Wednesday. Since The Unusuals as 10 episodes this season, ABC is probably just wanting to air them all before June, as only 2 have aired so far. But Cupid has been a ratings disappointment - if Unusuals does well, I'd expect to see more of it in the slot. ABC seems to be keen of it, and we may see another season of it, while Cupid seems deader than a doornail at this point.

If there's anymore network changes or updates, we'll make sure to let you know!

10 comments:

  1. You really are a faker, that news was posted weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the news was posted weeks ago, how is it fake?-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Julie! You have your first hater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He can dish it, but can he take it??-lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your site is a fake, the news isn't fake, you are because you said "last minute" is wasn't, you are some 14 year old trying to fool us, I was 14 once, I did the same things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, I'm 14. I have a 15 year old child-lol. If anyone here is 14, it's you. It was last minute - they schedule it about a week and a half ago. Maybe it was at the last second they scheduled it, but it wasn't regularly scheduled, and therefore last minute.

    I report the news, I comment on the news, and you read it. If you don't want to read it, then please just go away, but please done call me a fake, because I for damn sure know I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came here from Sitcoms Online, and I saw you joined in 2004, Julie. If the hater says you are 14, you would have been 9 or 10 when you joined Sitcoms Online. I doubt you were. :D Thanks for all the good stories Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was 14, we didn't even have computers-LOL. I'm trying - thanks for reading, yankees, and everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing a fine job!

    ReplyDelete