Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What is going on with Nielsen?

I don't remember when ratings have been this delayed in quite some time.

Just to let you all know, Nielsen is hugely backed up with their ratings. Finals haven't been released for Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday nights. There are some sketchy Saturday ratings out there, but they aren't final. I'm not really sure what's going on - could it be a flaw in the system, could it be because of sweeps and wanting to get completely accurate numbers, or is someone over at Nielsen on a week-long vacation?

Seems like for now, I'll have to skip the ratings report for last week. I'm hoping Nielsen gets on the ball here, because I can't stand not looking at ratings every day! They're what my afternoons revolve around-LOL. I'm hoping we can get our ratings report up for this week on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I've been following ratings for 25 years and this is the most backed up I've ever seen them. This should happen in the summer when nobody cares but not in the middle of May sweeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, everyone loves looking at May sweeps ratings. This really sucks.

    Well, they've finally released Sunday ratings. Hopefully Monday and Tuesday will follow shortly.

    ReplyDelete